Atendendo a algumas respostas apreciativas e inúmeras ignorativas, aqui está......

30 janeiro 2017

Constitutional crisis, coup d'état, and Nathan Hale

It seems that the regime has declared its intention to disregard court orders. Although the Department Of Homeland Security Response To Recent Litigation issued today pays lip service to court orders, the mention is bracketed inside several paragraphs suggesting the opposite. If they do so - I have no manner of knowing what is in the regime's mind - we have a constitutional crisis in the 2nd week of the administration. Sooner than expected, and I come from the background of knowing that democracies can collapse. I expect that the courts will hold for a while, less faith in the Congress.

I am lowering my estimate of how much time we have before an attempted coup d'état to 7 months. How it will play out I have no manner of guessing, but it all makes one think of Nathan Hale.


Nenhum comentário: