Atendendo a algumas respostas apreciativas e inúmeras ignorativas, aqui está......

10 julho 2013

Placeholder for book reviews

I may get around to writing something about history books I read recently - environmental history in particular. The ones below are certainly very instructive.

The World Until Yesterday: What Can We Learn from Traditional Societies? by Jared Diamond (who by the way went to the same elementary school as my daughters).

American Canopy: Trees, Forests, and the Making of a Nation, by Eric Rutkow.

Genesis 1948: The First Arab-Israeli War, by Dan Kurzman.

Lawrence and Aaronsohn: T.E. Lawrence, Aaron Aaronsohn, and the Seeds of the Arab-Israeli Conflict,  by Ronald Florence.

Engineers of Victory: The Problem Solvers Who Turned The Tide in the Second World War, by Paul Kennedy.

I also read on dynamical systems, partial differential equations, and geometry, and I hope to write what I learned from those in a scientific publication. I don't read a lot of fiction, and I write about fiction even less. This post is a mere placeholder.

Nenhum comentário: