Atendendo a algumas respostas apreciativas e inúmeras ignorativas, aqui está......

11 janeiro 2012

Why I'm voting for Huntsman in the primaries

If Huntsman is still running in March when Massachusetts holds primaries, he'll have my vote. Reasons include:

0 - I'm a Yankee independent and I can vote for whomsoever I want.
1 - Now that I am a US citizen and can spend as long as I wish outside the country, I don't want to be laughed at when I do.
2 - Teddy Roosevelt, the last great Republican president, died of illnesses contracted in Brazil; as an apology I owe him a vote for someone he would at least consider worth shooting, perhaps even shooting with.
3 - I'm voting for my Worker's Party buddy Fernando Haddad for mayor of S Paulo this year, so I should vote right-wing in the Northern Hemisphere to balance.
4 - I don't want my daughters to be ashamed that a person without any morals or principles is running for president in their country.
5 - I am afraid someone who wants to fight the Cold War again, but this time make sure the Free World loses, might actually become president.
6 - I am afraid someone who wants to fight the Second World War again, but this time make sure the Free World loses, might actually become president.
7 - I am afraid someone who wants to fight the Civil War again, but this time make sure that that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall perish from the earth, might actually become president.
8 - I am afraid someone who wants to go back to the good old Depression era, but this time make sure we stay there, might actually become president.
9 - I believe the presidential election should have two candidates who are willing and able to actually think and talk about real issues.

Chances that I would actually vote against President Obama remain negligible.

Nenhum comentário: